After 50 News Weekly / Niagara

After 50 News Weekly / Niagara rnw at niagara.retirementnewsweekly.ca
Fri Dec 2 20:39:49 UTC 2011

After 50 News Weekly / Niagara

Dec 2nd, 2011 - Vol. 2: Issue 33Last Month's Readers: 27,103

LOCAL NEWS
DEER PARK VILLA BREAKS GROUND

A sod turning ceremony marked the beginning of the redevelopment of Deer Park villa, the long-term care home operated by the Niagara Region in Grimsby last week.
The $8.6 million redevelopment project will see the home replaced with a new 40-bed facility that features private and semi-private rooms, replacing 4-bed rooms in the current facility; New and expanded resident common areas, including a cafe, family rooms and a chapel; Provision for the future addition of 20 beds, for a total of 60 beds, to meet the anticipated increase in demand for long-term care in West Niagara
The new home will be built by Niagara-based Brouwer Construction Ltd. The project completion date is February 2013.
... read more

NATIONAL NEWS
CANADA INVESTS IN CLEAN AIR
On Monday, Environment Minister Peter Kent and Veterans
... read more

INTERNATIONAL NEWS
FOUR YEARS BEHIND BARS FOR DR. CONRAD MURRAY
Dr. Conrad Murray, the man convicted in the
... read more

COLUMNIST
ACT YOUR AGE … BARGAIN HUNTING AT A FLEA MARKET
There is a certain, unmatchable thrill in finding a good bargain. Perhaps the enjoyment dates back to our earlier years as hunters and
... read more

SPORTS
TIGER WOODS LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOT HIS GAME BACK
Heading into this week's Chevron World Challenge, Woods has a what can only be described as a noticeable glint in his eyes.
... read more

LIFESTYLE
GET YOUR GROOVE ON: DANCE!
Think back to when you were younger. Remember when your favourite song would come on the radio? Not only would you sing along but you'd get a little swagger
... read more

FEATURES
ASK DOREEN
What are your qualifications? I have been a licensed realtor since 1985, selling and servicing real estate needs in the region – NOTL, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, St. Catharines, both in resales and new home
... read more

ENVIRONMENT
THE SHIRT'S JOURNEY – DOESN'T HAVE TO END IN A LANDFILL
It's easy, you head into your favourite large chain store to buy a shirt to go with the brand name pants you bought at another large chain store.
... read more

THIS WEEK IN HISTORY
DECEMBER 5 – DECEMBER 9
The #1 song this week in 1987 was Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven Is a Place on Earth." December 5 Today is Bathtub Party Day! On this day in: 1932 – Albert Einstein is
... read more

SPIN THE GLOBE
ST. LUCIA:TROPICAL PARADISE
It snowed today. I don't know about you, but I would rather not see snow. At all. Unfortunately, not many of us have the good fortune to be able to get away from
... read more

FIFTY & FABULOUS
FALL/WINTER TREND REPORT

Winter is around the corner thus marking the beginning of yet another fashion season — fall/winter. With the ever-changing world of fashion it can be impossible to keep up with the "it" trend and which, if any will work for you. Here we have hand-picked the top 5 trends of the season with high-fashion impact without the high-fashion price tag!

Leopard in particular has been making itself known in the
... read more

YOUR RETIREMENT
STAYING HOME
The Ontario government recently announced that a proposed Healthy Homes Renovation Tax Credit is in the works. If it passes not only
... read more

EDITOR'S LETTER
SHOP SMART THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
December has finally arrived and if you're like me, it means its time to start your Christmas shopping! I would be lying if I said I hadn't started but in reality, I still have over 75% of my list left to buy for! I have become
... read more

After 50 News Weekly
is a resource tool for the 50-plus active lifestyle community in Niagara. We provide you with up-to-date information on retirement, news and local events, all at your fingertips! If there is a topic you would like us to feature or if you have any questions or comments, please Contact Us. For our advertising rates, please contact Graham Pomeroy at graham at pomeroynewscorp.ca or call directly at 905-988-9339.
Sincerely,
Victoria Lewis, Director of Operations

Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this email will not be responded to or read. If you have any questions or comments, contact us by email at info at pomeroynewscorp.
Cancel your subscription:
UNSUBSCRIBE Sends us a news tip:
newsroom at after50newsweekly.caTo Submit an Event:
events at after50newsweekly.ca