xterm - truetype fonts and missing underscore

Mark Saad nonesuch at longcount.org
Wed Aug 24 16:13:42 UTC 2011

Tony
  What else is in you .Xresources file . Also have you tried using xft formated font names . Ie xft:luxi mono:size=10 ?

--
Mark Saad
Mark.saad at longcount.orgOn Aug 24, 2011 7:08 AM, Tony Maher <tonymaher at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Hello,

recently (not sure exactly when) my xterms no longer showed the underscore character.

In my .Xresources I had (and have had this setting for years):

XTerm*faceName: Monospace

XTerm*faceSize: 10

I noticed when experimenting and modifying values that for one choice

the bottom part of letters like 'g' was missing.

So changed faceSize to 11 and all is good.

In gnome-terminal with Monospace/10 font underscores showed up fine

(and was ok in gnome font selector).  So it appears to be xterm specific.

Has anyone else experienced this?

cheers

Tony Maher                    email: tonymaher at optusnet.com.au