32GB limit per swap device?

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Tue Aug 23 00:12:28 UTC 2011

On 2011-Aug-18 12:16:44 +0400, "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro at ipfw.ru> wrote:
>The code should look like this:
>(move pages recalculation before b-list check)

I notice a very similar patch has been applied to -current as r225076.

For the archives, I've done some testing with this patch on a Sun V890
with 64GB RAM and two 64GB swap partitions.  Prior to this patch, each
swap partition was truncated to 32GB.  With this patch, I have 128GB
swap.  I've tried filling the swap space to over 80GB and I am not
seeing any corruption (allocate lots of memory and fill with a known
pseudo-random pattern and then verify).

--
Peter Jeremy