Unknown Re0 Hardware version

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Sun Aug 21 14:01:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm assembling a few system with a ASUS P8 H161-MLE motherboard
which was supposed to have a 'Realtek® 8112L, 1 x Gigabit LAN
Controller(s)' onboard.

And to be honestly I never expected that version not to be supported.
Just booted 8.2-RELEASE on it, and the Installer crashed when I wanted
it to config the ehternet.

Rebooted, and re0 kicks in. But gives a HW revision not supported.
It claims HW revision 0x2c800000.

Is this supported in later 8.2-Stable??? Or in 9.x??

I'm willing to tinker with the code to recompile the re0 driver.

--WjW