debugging frequent kernel panics on 8.2-RELEASE

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 18 11:11:08 UTC 2011

on 18/08/2011 13:35 Steven Hartland said the following:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andriy Gapon" <avg at FreeBSD.org>
>>> Thats interesting, are you using http as an example or is that something thats
>>> been gleaned from the debugging of our output? I ask as there's only one process
>>> running in each of our jails and thats a single java process.
>>

>> It's from the debug data: p_comm = "httpd"
>
> Hmm, there's only one httpd thats ever run on the machine and thats not in the jail
> its on the raw machine.

Probably I have mistakenly assumed that the 'prison' in prison_derefer() has
something to do with an actual jail, while it could have been just prison0 where
all non-jailed processes belong.

--
Andriy Gapon