can not boot from RAIDZ with 8-STABLE

Artem Belevich art at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 17 18:57:30 UTC 2011

2011/8/17 Daniel Kalchev <daniel at digsys.bg>:
> On 17.08.11 16:35, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>>
>> I tried mfsBSD installation on Dell T110 with PERC H200A and 4x 500GB SATA
>> disks. If I create zpool with RAIDZ, the boot immediately hangs with
>> following error:
>>
> May be it that the BIOS does not see all drives at boot?

Indeed. On one of my systems BIOS only allows access to the first four
HDDs in the BIOS' boot priority list. What's especially annoying is
that BIOS keep rearranging boot list every time new device is added or
removed or if SATA controller card is moved to another slot. Every
time it happens I have to go back and rearrange the drives so that my
RAIDZ drives are on top of the list.

If you can boot off CD or USB how many drives does bootloader report
just before it gets to the menu?

--Artem