How to use unrecognized COM port card?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Tue Aug 16 09:25:42 UTC 2011

On 08/16/2011 00:48, Xin LI wrote:
> A wild guess...  (You gotta to provide more details rather than just PCI
> IDs).
>
> My guess is that it's using these chips:
>
> http://www.winchiphead.com/product/ch365detail.htm
> http://www.winchiphead.com/product/ch353detail.htm
>
> It didn't talked about possible cards' configuration so I used BAR0,
> which could be 0x14, 0x18, etc.

Actually, the main chip there is CH352L. Plus there are two more chips
ST75185C, one per COM port.

Your patch made this pci device to connect to uart driver: uart2 at pci0:8:1:0.

uart2: <16550 or compatible> port 0xe880-0xe887,0xe800-0xe807 irq 17 at
device 1.0 on pci8
uart2: [FILTER]

Also new devices showed up:
/dev/cuau2
/dev/cuau2.init
/dev/cuau2.lock
/dev/ttyu2
/dev/ttyu2.init
/dev/ttyu2.lock

cuau2 is probably the same as COM port. I don't have an easy way to
check now.
I believe adding another entry with 0x14 would add the second COM port.

Thank you!
Yuri