CPU time accounting broken on 8-STABLE machine after a few hours of uptime

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 29 07:40:00 UTC 2010

On 29 Sep, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> Given all the information here, in addition to the other portion of the
> thread (indicating ntpd reports extreme offset between the system clock
> and its stratum 1 source), I would say the motherboard is faulty or
> there is a system device which is behaving badly (possibly something
> pertaining to interrupts, but I don't know how to debug this on a low
> level).

Possible, but I haven't run into any problems running -CURRENT on this
box with an SMP kernel.

<http://people.freebsd.org/~truckman/AN-M2_HD-8.1-STABLE-verbose.txt>

> If possible, I would start by replacing the mainboard.  The board looks
> to be a consumer-level board (I see an nfe(4) controller, for example).

It's an Abit AN-M2 HD.  The RAM is ECC.  I haven't seen any machine
check errors in the logs.  I'll run prime95 as soon as I have a chance.