Failure to burn with ahci mode.

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Sun Sep 26 17:47:39 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 07:37:15PM +0200, David DEMELIER wrote:
> 2010/9/26 Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com>:

> [...]
> [...]
> markand at Melon ~ $ sudo camcontrol devlist
> <WDC WD3200BEKT-60F3T1 12.01A12>   at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (ada0)
> <hp DVDRAM GT20L DC05>             at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (cd0)

Your initial post consists of indication that you're using classic
ata(4) (you can see it as a result of acd0 being in use, not cd0, and
the output you provided came from atacontrol), followed by statements
that you absolutely are using ahci(4) (which prompted Andriy's
comments), followed by what appears to be you actually using ahci(4).

A mistake was made and/or fixed/addressed between comments, or something
is being falsified.  Can you shed some light on this?  The only reason I
mention it is that it makes debugging/troubleshooting basically
impossible when there's a complete mismatch in information.  It makes it
difficult to trust problem reports when something keeps changing.

Let us know.  Thanks!