Freebsd 8.1 + xorg + radeonhd hang

Eivind E eivinde at terraplane.org
Wed Sep 22 20:34:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, O. Hartmann wrote:

> In my case, this is exactly the other way around. There was atime when
> radeonhd and radeon both worked with radeon boards, even with DRI set to on.
> I recall the the time, whe radeonhd was ugraded to semthing like 1.2.8 or so
> the problems started occuring (in my case)

Seems the driver ain't good at all with certain revisions of the
radeoncards.

> screen).The same happens with a HD4670 board. More interesting is the usage
> of DBUS and HALD. With both enabled, the box dies immediately when X comes
> up. No matter whether radeon or radeonhd is used.
> Well, without X, dbus and hald work well. with X.

I've never seen a need for those, I've used Option "AllowEmptyInput" "Off",
and now, after another suggestion Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off" to get
keyboard and mouse working without. I've never understood what
hald could give me.

--
     _
_  //