Policy for removing working code

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Tue Sep 21 10:38:41 UTC 2010

Hi Doug Barton!

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:27:02 -0700; Doug Barton wrote about 'Re: Policy for removing working code':

>> You either not understanding that this situation is about entire project (not
>> ISDN, but policy)
> I think at this point that you've made your concerns clear. What you
> don't seem to be understanding is:
> 1) The policy is, and always has been, those who are interested in
> keeping code alive work on it.
> 2) No one was interested (by the definition above) in keeping the ISDN
> code alive.

Not quite. There are those who are interested in keeping code alive but
can't work on it, i.e., users, not programmers. But they, if notified,
could convince another people, programmers, to do the work (such events
of volunteer calls are not often), e.g., hire someone. But announcements,
may be, should be more clear about this, for the case such people wouldn't
_guess_ such possibility exists. BSD tries to be more business-freindly,
ain't it? :)

> Now you have raised a valid point on how we can do the "volunteers
> needed" notifications better in the future, and I think that those will
> be taken to heart, and acted on the next time we face this situation.

Indeed. Thanks for understanding.

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]