Policy for removing working code

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Thu Sep 9 14:10:05 UTC 2010

Hi Andriy Gapon!

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:33:57 +0300; Andriy Gapon wrote about 'Re: Policy for removing working code':

>> Good, perhaps even "necessary", but is it "sufficient"?  Those
>> following a -STABLE branch are expected to read stable@, but
>> what about those who are following a security branch?

> People, who care, are expected to read current@ and stable@ even if they use
> only releases and security branches.  At the very least, to see what's cooking
> up for them and what to expect.

Hey, by whom expected? They are NOT expected to do this! Can you quote some
official docs or statements for this?

> P.S. I am surprised that this thread isn't over yet and is being kept alive by
> people who do not seem to use the feature in question or offer any work on it.
> While people, who really need it, have already found a way forward for themselves.

Because this thread is not about this feature but about policy which will
slowly bring FreeBSD project to troubles if nothing will be changed.

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]