Policy for removing working code

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Thu Sep 9 13:40:35 UTC 2010

Hi Andriy Gapon!

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:13:29 +0300; Andriy Gapon wrote about 'Re: Policy for removing working code':

>> network stack, it is deeper. It is the policy or may be style of thought,
>> discourse. Something like:
>>    progress dictates we need fix/maintainership to feature X
>>  & we have no resources to maintain feature X
>> -> we announce theis need, but only to _limited_ audience, not wide circles
>> -> nobody responds
>> -> the X code is removed
>> AND we think this logic chain is correct, thought we did not things this way
>> even 5 years ago.
> So, get to work, become a committer, get elected to core and have a control over
> these procedures.  [And maybe your perspectives will change along the way]
> Until then, please, let's stop wasting time on this issue.

And, after several years for all of this, to see that FreeBSD have lost many
old users? That's will be too late.

You retort here ad hominem, while the policy quoted above is true. Nobody has
to be core@ member to predict this policy will eventually harm FreeBSD
userbase. Anybody could say that meal is bad, he don't need to be head-cook for
this to taste and say.

P.S. If I couldn't explain why you were wrong here, there is an article in
another language that does this much better:
http://lurkmore.ru//%D0%A1%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B2%D0%B0_%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B9%D1%81%D1%8F

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]