HEADS UP: FreeBSD 6.4 and 8.0 EoLs coming soon

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed Sep 1 19:36:32 UTC 2010

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2010 18:53:46 Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > > FreeBSD -7 & -8 do not support ISDN I'm told.
> > > So 6.4 is the last working FreeBSD ISDN.
> > >
> > > Could FreeBSD reinsert ISDN back into current/8/7 support ?
> > > Perhaps via:
> > > - a student SOC project ?
> > > - FreeBSD foundation paying a FreeBSD consultant (I know one who has the
> > >
> > >   expertise already, has the time, & could use some money (I don't mean
> > >   me, & he didn't aske me to post this, it'll come as a suprise to him
> > >   :-)
> > >
> > > - Or whatever other method to get ISDN back in kernel ?
> >
> > It seems code exists :-)
> >
> > http://old.nabble.com/ISDN4BSD-on-8-current-td23919925.html
> > 	ISDN4BSD package has been updated to compile on FreeBSD
> > 	8-current
> >
> > 	http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/isdn4bsd/
> >
> > Apparently needs massaging into main FreeBSD tree.
>
> I agree that my I4B code should be re-written somewhat before committed.
> Possibly we should update the API's present too, to support IP-telephony
> aswell.
>
> --HPS

Sorry, I didn't know your code existed, till I was told & searched, Great !
I'll build a new PC soonish to try with current (my gates are 6.2 & 6.4 now).
isdn at freebsd.org : I just re-subscribed (used to be on long ago).

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Mail plain text,  Not HTML, quoted-printable & base 64 dumped with spam.