Degraded zpool cannot detach old/bad drive

Rumen Telbizov telbizov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 21:19:06 UTC 2010

Artem,

> If you have old copy of /boot/zfs/zpool.cache you could try use "zpool
> import -c old-cache-file".

Unfortunately I don't :(
I'll make a habit of creating a copy from now on!

> I don't think zpool.cache is needed for import. Import should work
> without it just fine. Just remove /boot/zfs/zpool.cache (or move it
> somewhere else and then try importing with -d /dev/gpt again.

You're right. zpool export tank seems to remove the cache file so import has
nothing to consult so doesn't make any difference.

I guess my only chance at this point would be to somehow manually edit
the zpool configuration, via the zpool.cache file or not, and substitute
mfid with gpt/disk?!
Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
--