cdrtools /devel and wodim broken

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Oct 28 12:49:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

your problem:

>Track 01:    0 of 2858 MB written.cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1:
>scsi sendcmd: retryable error
>CDB:  2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00
>status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
>Sense Bytes: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>Sense Key: 0xFFFFFFFF [], Segment 0
>Sense Code: 0x00 Qual 0x00 (no additional sense information) Fru 0x0
>Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)=20
>cmd finished after 23.946s timeout 200s

is caused by a bug in a driver in the kernel.

Status byte == 2 (Check Condition) together with empty sense data and unset
sense key is impossible.

Cdrecord can only behave in a useful way if SCSI error messages are correctly
returned by the kernel. I recommend you to run "scgcheck" in order to find
whether the driver yiu are using always behaves incorectly or whether this may
be a result os a situation the autor of the driver did not expect.

If you don't know how to run scgcheck, you may start with "scgcheck -auto".

Jörg