zfsboot: geom_mbr.ko does not populate logical partitions correctly

Nezmer bsd at nezmer.info
Sun Jun 27 21:23:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I moved my installation to a ZFS boot partition today (ad6s1a).

I had an ext2 logical partition living inside slice 4 (ad6s4).
"geom_mbr.ko" used to take care of that and populate (ad6s[5-9]) and
the correct entry under "/dev/ext2fs/".

Now with zfsboot, weird entries (ad6s4s{1,2,5}) are populated and no
correct entry under "/dev/ext2fs/" is present. Non of those weird
entries represent the ext2 partition.

I still have an identical UFS installation in (ad6s3a) that is still
working correctly.

Any ideas how to fix this?