network deamons starting before network!

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Fri Jun 18 08:26:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 09:34:24AM +0200, Mark Stapper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since updating to 8.X I noticed that network services were started
> before the network was up!

This is common/normal.  I wrote a script (still working on getting it
added to the base system) to deal with this issue.  Please see:

http://jdc.parodius.com/freebsd/netwait

Drop this into /usr/local/etc/rc.d, chmod it 755, and read the
descriptions of the variables and add the appropriate settings to
rc.conf.

Please be aware netwait_if only takes a single interface; you're using
lagg, so I hope that when your system boots whichever interface you pick
in netwait_if the one which you default to using.