File system trouble with ICH9 controller

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Jun 15 16:42:00 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 14:06 -0700, I wrote:

> Thanks for your quick response. I don't need much in terms of
> long-term data reliability on these machines (thus the RAID 0).
> However, if MatrixRAID is unreliably even without further external
> events (like disk problems/changes), I'll turn it off.

An update on this: I have now turned off the RAID on half of my
blades, leaving the other half untouched. After a few days, 3 of
those systems still using the RAID have experienced similar fs
corruption as reported before, while all the blades wo/ RAID have
been running fine.

So, that looks like the RAID is indeed to blame and I'll turn it off
for all systems now.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org