disable RAM parity error

Masoom Shaikh masoom.shaikh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 05:34:25 UTC 2010

Hello List,

In continuation to my earlier mail, I am now convinced(nearly) that
the freezes faced by me are "RAM parity error" indeed.
http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org/msg70730.html

when using internet via wpi0, FreeBSD freezes are very prone to occur
compared to when I am using bfe0. But they do occur, due to some
reason it feels stable when connected via bfe0.
Over course of time I have accumulated some core.txt.<n> files, which
I have uploaded to pastebin and their links are below. My question is
why only FreeBSD minds about RAM parity error check, while latest
offering from Redmond does not ?
is there a way to IGNORE RAM parity check ? is it possible to get hold
of offending address from these core files ?
while I observe "stack pointer" and "frame pointer" have repeated
values in core files, I cannot conclude anything from this
observation. Anybody here care ?

core.txt.1  ------ http://pastebin.com/HDji1Xvs
core.txt.2  ------ http://pastebin.com/yXg1iXAN
core.txt.3  ------ http://pastebin.com/xEfcgtQf