8.1 AMD64 Beta1 cd panics on Proliant ML110 G6

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Fri Jun 11 14:07:01 UTC 2010

>> Proliant ML110

>>>Stacktrace would be helpful.
>>
>> Well at startup, the keyboard is not working, i can not select any boot
>> mode, and after the timer is at 0 ti boots, and then ends with this
>> panic, and totally hangs.
>> 8.0 works fine also CURRENT Works!

>Regarding the keyboard not working -- it should still be working during
>the loader phase (FreeBSD logo, press 4 for single user, etc.), correct?

>If so, two things to try.  Escape to the loader prompt and try one of
>the below (if (a) doesn't work, try (b)):

>a) set hint.kbdmux.0.disabled=1
>   boot

>b) set hint.atkbd.0.disabled=1
>  set hint.atkbdc.0.disabled=1
>   boot

>Hopefully one of these will allow your keyboard to continue functioning
>once the system panics, so that you can provide a backtrace.  Thanks.
>
>--
>| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at parodius.com |
>| Parodius Networking                       http://www.parodius.com/ |
>| UNIX Systems Administrator                  Mountain View, CA, USA |
>| Making life hard for others since 1977.              PGP: 4BD6C0CB |

The problem is the keyboard is not working at all, so i need to wait till the counter reach 0.
I did also installed 8.0, no problem.
Then did a buildworld to the latest 8.1 source from 2010-06-08, buildworld runs fine, then after the reboot same issue as the BETA1-install-only iso.

regards,
Johan Hendriks