zpool destroy causes panic

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 20:50:13 UTC 2010

25.07.2010 20:58, Dan Langille wrote:
> NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
> storage ONLINE 0 0 0
> raidz2 ONLINE 0 0 0
> gpt/disk01 ONLINE 0 0 0
> gpt/disk02 ONLINE 0 0 0
> gpt/disk03 ONLINE 0 0 0
> gpt/disk04 ONLINE 0 0 0
> gpt/disk05 ONLINE 0 0 0
> /tmp/sparsefile1.img UNAVAIL 0 0 0 corrupted data
> /tmp/sparsefile2.img UNAVAIL 0 0 0 corrupted data

0k, i'll try it from here. UNAVAIL means ZFS can't locate correct vdev
for this pool member. Even if this file exists it's not used by ZFS
because it lacks ZFS headers/footers.

You can (I think so) reinsert empty file to the pool with:

# zpool replace storage /tmp/sparsefile1.img /tmp/sparsefile1.img

                 ^- pool ^- ZFS old vdev name ^- current file

If you replace both files you can theoretically bring pool to fully
consistent state.

Also you can use md to convert files to devices:

# mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /tmp/sparsefile1.img
md0

And you can use md0 with your pool.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.