openldap client GSSAPI authentication segfaults in fbsd8stablei386

Benjamin Lee ben at b1c1l1.com
Sun Jul 18 18:11:57 UTC 2010

On 07/17/2010 03:37 PM, Reko Turja wrote:

>> Can you try reproducing the issue on 8-STABLE?
>>
>> I recently submitted a Heimdal patch against 8.1-STABLE and
>> 9.0-CURRENT that resolves some libgssapi-related issues:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/147454
>>
>> The patch breaks ABI, so you'll have to rebuild libgssapi-dependent
>> applications.
>
> When linking cyrus-sasl2 against gssapi library from either the 1.0.1
> official port or the inofficial 1.2.1 patchset cyradm works as expected
> and it logs a message from gssapi/kerberos telling that no KDC's are
> available - which is to be expected on a system that isn't using
> gssapi/kerberos in authenticating.
>
> So the present behaviour in 8-RELEASE and 8-PRERELASE updated Monday the
> 5th is clearly some kind of regression as system gsslib doesn't seem to
> recognize the mech used or segfaults.
>
> Benjamin, can you clarify how to apply your patch against the source
> tree - I tried 'patch < the_patchset.diff' in /usr/src but it just
> created a bunch of files in the /usr/src which I think isn't the intention.

Hi Reko,

It looks like you've already figured it out (based on your responses
elsewhere in the thread), but for the record you can apply the patch by
running:

cd /usr/src
patch -p1 -E < foo.diff

That patch is over a month old now and no longer applies cleanly.  I'll
port it forward when I get a chance.

--
Benjamin Lee
http://www.b1c1l1.com/