openldap client GSSAPI authentication segfaults in fbsd8stable i386

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Jul 14 09:32:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:56:57AM +0300, George Mamalakis wrote:

> >I had similar issue with 8-RELEASE and cyrus-sasl2 with
> >cyrus-saslauthd linked against system kerberos.
> >
> >(uname -a xxx.xxx.xxx 8.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p3 #1:
> >Sat Jun 12 00:39:22 EEST 2010
> >root at xxx.xxx.xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WWW i386)
> >
> >The problem manifested itself with pretty much the same backtrace
> >when using cyradm tool for administering cyrus mailboxes and due
> >time constraints I solved my issue by removing all the gssapi
> >plugin libs from /usr/local/lib/sasl2, so my solution isn't really
> >applicable in your case.
> >
> >my /etc/hosts file for the server in question contains only
> >localhost entry + entry for one IP so George's solution didnt help
> >with my problem.

> >>I agree.
> >>
> >>If I was to build a test box from scratch, can you tell me how to set up
> >>all the necessary software/etc. to mimic your environment so that I
> >>could try to reproduce this? Reviewing the source isn't enough, I'd
> >>have to actually build a debug version of libgssapi to track it down.
> >
> >>Alternatively I can try to step you through how to debug this using gdb,
> >>but again, lack of debugging symbols makes this annoying.
> >
> >I'd say that based on present evidence there is something broken
> >in gssapi/sasl interaction, but due my need of getting the server
> >functional quickly I didn't dig much further in the issue myself,
> >although I really don't know how to enable generating debugging
> >symbols for ports either - Which was another reason for not
> >digging deeper in the problem.
> >
> >I wonder if using dovecot-sasl would work with ldap and if it has
> >the same issue as cyrus-sasl - athough it doesn't seem to be
> >available as separate port.
> >
> >-Reko
>
> Hello guys,
>
> I am glad that somebody brought this issue back, since despite my
> last email regarding the same issue on 25/02/2010 saying that there
> must be something wrong with the function gss_release_buffer(void
> *a, void *b), the issue got forgotten. The problem would not persist
> in amd64, so I stopped looking it further myself. Whoever wants to
> see more information on this issue, search the subject field of this
> list for: openldap client GSSAPI authentication segfaults in
> fbsd8stable i386
>
> I hope that a remedy to this issue will be yielded this time.

Like I said -- if someone can step me through setting everything up
(configurations, whatever ports/packages need to be installed, etc.) to
mimic their setup so that I can reproduce the problem, I'll put in the
time to track it down.  This would be on a dedicated/freshly installed
machine (RELENG_8 running under VMware Workstation) to rule out any
other oddities.

It's the LDAP + any quirky GSSAPI or Cyrus stuff that I don't have
experience with.