net-booting the install disks (Re: 8.x grudges)

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Jul 7 20:29:15 UTC 2010

07.07.2010 16:00, Randi Harper написав(ла):
> So.... you're complaining that you have to modify the loader.conf? I
> fail to see the problem. This is by design, and isn't a lack of
> progress.

Yes, I complain, that I have to modify a loader.conf embedded in a
CD-image. If extracting hundreds of mega-bytes of files to make a
one-line modification is "by design", then the design is flawed.
Especially, when the effect achieved by the one-line modification can be
arrived to automatically -- without such modifications.

Yours,

    -mi