8.0 network problem

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 05:50:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:37 AM, Matthew Seaman <
m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> One final thought -- perhaps this isn't to do with the network at all,
> but it's disk IO performance bottoming out.  In which case you should be
> able to see much the same effect copying files between different zpools,
> or between your main zpool and say, a USB memory stick.

IIRC, this issue may have been described before and it's ZFS related.  I'm
pretty sure there was an issue with ZFS transfer's stallling and the
original poster was trying to do things like zfs send.  I think it was
resolved by upgrading to STABLE.  If I remember more, I'll post it otherwise
check the archive's (fs, general, net) from maybe around 2-3 months ago or
even asking there.

Skim search had this,

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-February/007818.html

--