My kernel panics suck

William D. Colburn (Schlake) schlake at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 00:40:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
> Ripple or dirty power coming from a UPS -- because not all of them clean
> things up -- could cause all sorts of chaos hardware-wise too, and in
> some cases permanent damage.

The UPS is actually my biggest suspect.  It was an expensive one, but
it is well over five years old now.  As I told someone privately,
though, I have a broken ankle, and this is my disk server with about
9T of spinning disk in it.  It is hard for me to move currently.

--
-- Schlake