Unable to boot FreeBSD 8.0-p3

GNUbie gnubie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 16:14:31 UTC 2010

Hello Jeremy,

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:

> Kernel crash dumps are not enabled by default.  You need to define the
> following in /etc/rc.conf before that will happen:
>
> dumpdev="auto"

Ok. So, the line "Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable." is
already going to be an output of the kernel crash. Meaning, during
bootup, somehow the kernel crash and since crash dumps was not
defined, that is why I was getting that message I just mentioned.

Moving forward, what are your recommendations in order for me to be
able to boot from my system?

Regards,

GNUbie