uma_zalloc_arg complaining about non-sleepable locks

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Wed Jan 27 06:36:59 UTC 2010

On 2010-Jan-26 15:10:59 -0500, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
>On Tuesday 26 January 2010 1:37:56 pm Marius Strobl wrote:

>> Could you please give the following patch a try?
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/fha_extract_info_realign2.diff

That seems to have fixed it - I've booted the new kernel and generated
some NFS activity and am not getting any messages.  Also,
vfs.nfs.realign_test is incrementing nicely though
vfs.nfs.realign_count remains at zero.

>Hmm, the old code was already using M_DONTWAIT, so now I don't see why you
>were getting the witness warning.

Actually, there were two nfs_realign() definitions in the kernel - one
in nfsclient/nfs_krpc.c (which used M_DONTWAIT) and another in
nfsserver/nfs_srvkrpc.c (which used M_WAIT).  It was the server code
that was being exercised here.

--
Peter Jeremy