immense delayed write to file system (ZFS and UFS2), performance issues

Tommi Lätti sty at iki.fi
Tue Jan 26 19:20:17 UTC 2010

>  9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age
> Always       -       136
> 193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0032   199   199   000    Old_age
> Always       -       5908
>
> The disks are of exact same model and look to be same firmware. Should
> I be worried that the newer disk has, in 136 hours reached a higher
> Load Cycle count twice as big as on the disk thats 5253 hours old?

Well AFAIK WD certifies that there's no extra risk involved unless you
go over 300.000 park cycles. On the other hand, my 9 month 1.5tb green
drive has over 200.000 cycles.

Maybe check if you can disable the idle timer using WDIDLE3... works
for my drives (although it did some strange things to one out of the 6
drives --> decreased reported sector count and the zfs invalidated the
pool :/ ).

--
br,
Tommi