IPSec NAT-T in transport mode

David Murray david000 at davidmurray.name
Thu Jan 21 16:50:09 UTC 2010

Chaps,

On 2010-01-20 Wed 1:22 pm, Crest wrote:

> Yes the NAT-T Patch has been integrated into FreeBSD 8.0.
>
> Just rebuild your kernel with this options:
> device crypto # IPsec depends on this
> options IPSEC
> options IPSEC_DEBUG
> options IPSEC_NAT_T

I'm trying to do the same thing as the OP, so thanks for these replies.

However, they seem to be at odds.  Are we saying that the NAT-T patch is
there, but is missing checksum re-calculation, so MPD's packets are
going to be discarded?

(FWIW, this seems to be what happens.  All the negotiation to set up
IPSEC SAs happens, but MPD's log never shows a single entry.  I hadn't
got as far as packet dumps when this thread popped up.)

--
David Murray