Regression with txcsum/rxcsum on vge(4) drivers on 8.0-Release

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:38:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:32:42AM +0100, Olivier Cochard-Labb? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded on of my server from 7.2 to 8.0-Release and meet a
> problem with the vge(4) drivers:
> All my SCP transferts didn't works since this upgrade: they close, after a
> random time, with "Corrupted MAC on input" message.
> And Putty SSH tunnel closed with "Incorrect MAC received on packet".

This message comes from scp when it detects it received corrupted
frames. This means sender transmitted corrupted frames or the host
receiving the frame broke it.

> I need to disable txcsum and rxcsum on the vge network card for solving this
> problem.

I think there is no vge(4) source changes between 7.2-RELEASE and
8.0-RELEASE so I guess other kernel changes in 8.0-RELEASE might
reveal driver bug. Would you try latest vge(4) in stable/8? There
were a lot code changes including important bug fixes.