sendmail replacement

S.N.Grigoriev serguey-grigoriev at yandex.ru
Wed Jan 13 15:29:52 UTC 2010

13.01.10, 14:59, "Matthew Seaman" <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk>:

>  > absolute paths may be used not ony to start sendmail program but,
>  > for example, to automatically build .mc files from .m4 files in
>  > /usr/share/sendmail/cf directory. For port sendmail it becomes
>  > /usr/local/share/sendmail/cf
>
>  Unless you set a couple of variables in /etc/make.conf as I described.
>
>  	Matthew

Matthew,

variables int /etc/make.conf dealt with the make program only. What
about a script which prepares the body of .mc file? It must know
the exact path to the cf directory.

But, OK. I asked if there is a way to automatically replace base
sendmail with ports/mail/sendmail. As I can see the answer is:
no, there is not. It should be done manually.

Thanks,
Serguey.