Multiple serial consoles via null modem cable

Marin Atanasov dnaeon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:14:50 UTC 2010

Hello there,

I'd like to ask you about the following - is it possible to have multiple
serial consoles coming from a single host?

What I am talking about is connecting multiple machines using a null modem
cable - I know it is possible only to connect two machines and they need to
be connected on sio0 (COM1).

I'm thinking about the following situation - 1 system acting like a host
with a serial port hub, each port of the hub is connected to a different
machine on sio0, using null modem cables.

This would make the first machine something like a cheaper kind of a
terminal concentrator :)

What do you think, have someone tried this and is it possible at all?

Thanks and regards,
DNAeon