thunderbird3: dies with socket(): Protocol not supported Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 12 06:53:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

>>>>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:54:48 +0100
>>>>> ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de said:

ohartman> Since friday after the last FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE/amd64 update, thunderbird3
ohartman> crashes immmediately or after a view seconds with

ohartman> socket(): Protocol not supported
ohartman> Illegal instruction (core dumped)

I'm not sure but I suspect you are using custom kernel built without
INET6 option.  If so, thunderbird3 is depending upon IPv6.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/