ntpd not removed; WITHOUT_NTP enabled in src.conf

Kenyon Ralph kenyon at kenyonralph.com
Fri Jan 8 23:33:10 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-08T13:38:49-0900, Henrik Hudson <lists at rhavenn.net> wrote:
> Among other things I have in my /etc/src.conf
> WITHOUT_NTP=yes
>
> which from my understanding should not build ntpd, etc...
[...]
> ntpd still exists in /usr/sbin and the man pages, etc... seem to
> still be hanging around. Did I miss something?

There were discussions about this recently. What you are seeing is how
it works -- WITHOUT doesn't delete old stuff, just doesn't build it next
time.

See threads "some options in src.conf has no effect (RELENG_8)" and
"RELENG_8 buildworld broken?" starting here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2009-December/thread.html#53291

--
Kenyon Ralph