kernel: warning: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()

martinko gamato at users.sf.net
Fri Jan 8 16:24:32 UTC 2010

martinko wrote:
> Masoom Shaikh wrote:

>>> I believe so. You can make the warning go away by compiling the
>>> bluetooth
>>> modules into your kernel or loading them via loader.conf.
>>>

>> I load the bluetooth netgraph node via loader.conf
>> ng_ubt_load="YES"
>>
>> I receive this warning as well, no idea with previous releases prior
>> to 7.0
>> but I have always observed this warning.
>
> Indeed, I've done it always this way and I can confirm it worked on 6.x
> but prints warnings on 7.2 and 8.0 (I have at hands at the moment).
>
> $ grep bt /boot/loader.conf.local
> ng_ubt_load="YES"

Hm..  I've just realized that 4 modules are loaded via loader.conf:
13    1 0xc10cb000 6778     ng_ubt.ko
14    4 0xc10d2000 d9f4     netgraph.ko
15    2 0xc10e0000 df6c     ng_hci.ko
16    3 0xc10ee000 23a0     ng_bluetooth.ko

Yet there's still 1 loaded during boot via rc.conf:
27    1 0xc3ab9000 21000    ng_btsocket.ko

Most likely because of the following:
bthidd_enable="YES"