kernel: warning: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()

Masoom Shaikh masoom.shaikh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:46:56 UTC 2010

On Friday January 8 2010 13:43:21 John Baldwin wrote:
> On Friday 08 January 2010 4:51:19 am martinko wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been seeing the following on 7.x and 8.0 during boot:
> >
> > Jan  8 09:38:49 mb-aw1n-bsd kernel: WARNING: attempt to
> > domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()
> >
> > It did not happen on 6.x.  Is it a known issue ?
>
> I believe so.  You can make the warning go away by compiling the bluetooth
> modules into your kernel or loading them via loader.conf.

I load the bluetooth netgraph node via loader.conf
ng_ubt_load="YES"

I receive this warning as well, no idea with previous releases prior to 7.0
but I have always observed this warning.

slightly off topic
how to compile ng_ubt in kernel, it is not mentioned in man page, never
bothered to dig, as it not required but kind of nice to have