State of igb on FreeBSD 8 stable?

alan bryan alan.bryan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 17:46:18 UTC 2010

I did some searching last night and found others using igb on Intel Cards having high interrupts and other strange issues and some comments to the effect that igb is soon going to have a lot of work done to it (I believe Jack Vogel is working on it).  So, can someone give an estimation as to how soon that may be and how soon it may make it to 8-stable?  If it's going to be a while I may look into adding a card using a different driver to test.

My network device is:

igb0 at pci0:8:0:0:	class=0x020000 card=0x10a715d9 chip=0x10a78086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '82575EB Gigabit Network Connection'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

Thanks,
Alan