8.0R IPF causes crash ?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 08:06:34 UTC 2010

Jason Chambers wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Wondering if anyone else can reproduce this ?
>
> The kernel I have compiled includes VIMAGE with SCTP disabled.  Might be
> a contributing factor.  Additionally, there's a problem with the em
> interface.. see "em interface slow down on 8.0R".
>
> To reproduce, have IPF start at boot or kldload ipl and then load in the
> rules with ipf -Fa -f /etc/ipf.rules.
>

> PF works fine.

Last I tried, the combination of pf and VIMAGE resulted in an instant
panic.  That's simply because the necessary work on pf hadn't been done
yet (Very pleased if that's gone into 8.0-STABLE now).  The same problem
is likely to be true with IPF -- see http://wiki.freebsd.org/Image/TODO
for a list of what still needs to be dealt with.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
                                                  Kent, CT11 9PW