something fails with svn

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Sat Jan 2 04:44:15 UTC 2010

On 1/1/2010 8:21 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:20:54 -0500
>> From: jhell<jhell at DataIX.net>
>> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org

>>> If you don't have anything constructive to say, please refrain from
>>> responding to any message on these lists. The purpose of these lists is
>>> to help each other.
>>>

>> You know really... I did not see anything that you have replied with to
>> be constructive criticism "At all".
>>
>> And personally if you really want to reply with remarks of "Would you
>> mind sharing your findings Sherlock Holmes" You can then keep your
>> comments to your self as I do not find them useful and my name is not
>> Sherlock Holmes.
>>
>> Secondly I would expect a much more intelligent remark to come from
>> someone with your background but I guess that comes with age.
>>
>> So my suggestion in constructiveness to you would be to think harder
>> before you critique a post of the very same nature as the one you posted.
>>
>> As regards to the OP the email was meant as a confirmation to the author
>> that the problem did lye on his end and that by paying closer attention
>> to "the paths" that were displayed in the OP would have revealed the
>> problem.
>
> OK. I will try to say something "constructive".
>
> You seem to think that "clever", useless comments make you look good. As
> someone who has been working with FreeBSD and the FreeBSD community for
> a long time, all you really do is make yourself look juvenile, arrogant,
> and rude. You are a prime example of why many people approaching the
> FreeBSD community for help claim that we are an arrogant and rude bunch.

That's great and all but have you read the reply that I had originally
made to the OP. It does not "seem" like it from your comments.

> The information content of your messages approaches zero. Maybe the
> problem is trivial and obvious to you. Maybe it would be to Ed, if he
> could spot it. Now, if you have never missed an obvious bug until you
> asked someone why the code would not work, you are either truly
> exceptional (along with the adjectives listed above) or have written
> little or no code of your own.
>
> Please either provide reasonable assistance when responding to questions
> or don't reply at all. No one likes a smart ass,

Reasonable assistance I think that was pretty reasonable, I do not
recall anyone paying something for anything I have said and it seemed to
me that he was asking for more of a confirmation.

> <plonk>

I do not like smart asses either, which in turn is why I am still
replying to comments about the followup and why I don't know that I feel
I should have to defend my self on this matter.

For one:
The followup that I had made as I already stated was confirming the
problem was on his end and in no way that I see was offending, maybe I
could have choose different words but that does not relieve the response
I had received after from Ed.

For two:
If you want to call someone something call them by the respective name
or email address that they have spoken with. I do not ever recall naming
Ed anything other than his own name nor anyone else. As spoken do on to
others as you would do onto your self. I repeat my name is not Sherlock
Holmes.

Thirdly:
Constructive ? there was nothing non-constructive about the followup I
had made. I have missed plenty of things in the past and would never
claim otherwise and the information that I offered certainly was not
complete but was meant not to be, and not in a critiquing manner.

--

  jhell