openldap client GSSAPI authentication segfaults in fbsd8stable i386

George Mamalakis mamalos at eng.auth.gr
Thu Feb 25 11:41:34 UTC 2010

On 11/02/2010 20:45, George Mamalakis wrote:
> 4:
> SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
>     additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
> Miscellaneous failure (see text) (unknown mech-code 2529638919 for
> mech unknown)
>
> which is very strange, since mech-code seems unnaturally large.
This problem has been resolved. I had an issue with my /etc/hosts file,
where the name of the ldap server could not be resolved correctly (via
the gssapi library I assume), and openldap client gave me this reply
(both ldap server and heimdal server had the same IP (two jails on the
same host)). After changing the order in which the host and its IP
appeared in /etc/hosts the problem stopped (which is still strange,
since ldapwhoami -D 'blabla' -W worked ok, even with the old /etc/hosts).

--
George Mamalakis

IT Officer
Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
MSc (Imperial College of London)

Faculty of Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

phone number : +30 (2310) 994379