Can't load NFS server module with a custom 8.0 kernel

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Fri Feb 19 15:13:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Kostik Belousov wrote:

[stuff snipped]

> I think this is changed in HEAD, and part of the changes are already in
> stable/8, which is different from 8.0 too.
>
> Anyway, for HEAD nfsserver we need 1. nfscommon 2. nfs_common. Also,
> nfs_common module is not attached to the build.
>
> The patch below gives up on nfs_common, puts that parts into nfscommon,
> and corrects dependencies for nfsserver and nfsclient. With the patch,
> I can export and mount nfs filesystem on the HEAD again, with all
> nfs* stuff loaded as modules. If following this route, sys/modules/nfs_common
> can be removed.
>
> I did not looked into fs/nfs* modules.

The common module for fs/nfs* is called nfscommon, which was why Marius
used nfs_common. I don't know what happens when you have two modules of
the same name. I suspect your fix is fine otherwise, since the
experimental stuff (fs/nfs*) won't get loaded unless "-e" is used on
mountd/nfsd.

Thanks for the help with this, rick