Can't load NFS server module with a custom 8.0 kernel

Boris Kochergin spawk at acm.poly.edu
Thu Feb 18 17:13:01 UTC 2010

Ahoy. I didn't get any replies to this on -net, so I thought I'd try
here. I have an 8.0-RELEASE-p2/amd64 machine running a custom kernel
(configuration file at http://acm.poly.edu/~spawk/ACM) and I am unable
to use the NFS server module on it. After loading the nfssvc module,
attempting to load the nfsserver module fails and the following appears
in dmesg:

Feb  3 19:35:54 acm kernel: link_elf_obj: symbol svcpool_create undefined
Feb  3 19:35:54 acm kernel: linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

I see a reference to the problem at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-all/2008-November/001025.html.
Am I missing something or has it never gotten resolved? Thanks.

-Boris