ZFS tuning [was: hardware for home use large storage]

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Feb 16 02:21:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 08:49:38PM -0500 I heard the voice of
jhell, and lo! it spake thus:

> As I make final modifications to the script I will keep the below
> URLs updated and welcome any bug reports or modification requests to
> me personally.

Well, here's one:

> OS Revision:					199506

There's no reason to show this; it's just confusing because it'll be
misinterpreted.  kern.osrevision isn't what you probably think it is.
It's just the BSD #define in param.h, which (aside from a blip which
was instantly reverted) last changed in 1996 when the -Lite2 import
was done.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net