Broadcom USB wireless support?

Jeff Dowsley jeff.dowsley at mac.com
Tue Feb 16 00:37:59 UTC 2010

Gentles

I have an old HP Pavillion DV6000 laptop, which has a Broadcom USB
wireless device.  Worked under Windows Vista.  I installed freeBSD 8-
stable, and see as the last line in dmesg

ugen2.2: <Broadcom Corp> at usbus2

Ferreting with google suggests that 8.0 might have usb support for
the ndis wrapper, but I am unable to get any joy either using the HP
bcmwl5 drivers for the DV6000, or in attempting to use the bwi driver.

(I have an old Compaq N1020 with a LinkSys wireless PCMCIA card,
which I have successfully generated the ndis wrapper and works
happily under 8-stable)

Any thoughts?

JeffD

M 0427565791