FreeBSD 8.0 i386 unable to boot...

Pierre-Luc Drouin pldrouin at pldrouin.net
Wed Feb 10 04:22:41 UTC 2010

About this problem, I have seen that in the past there have been problem
with libdisk when a WinXP partition had an invalid name. Could it be
something like that that could be causing this error? I guess the
problem occurs somewhere in the Open_Disk function of libdisk, right?
Should I be able to get around this problem by installing through a
PC-BSD CD instead? I have never tried PC-BSD. Does their installer rely
on libdisk at all?

Thanks!