freebsd 8.0 stable amd64/x86 needs ~9min to bootup

Zavam, Vinícius egypcio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:29:37 UTC 2010

2010/1/28 Zavam, Vinícius <egypcio at gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/28 Bruce Simpson <bms at incunabulum.net>:
>> Try GRUB4DOS. I use this so on boxes where I have Windows installed, I can
>> keep GRUB in the NTFS partition.
>>
>> I haven't seen this issue and am tracking -STABLE on an ASUS V-series
>> machine.
>>

> Simpson,
> I forgot to mention... but I tested it using boot0 (freebsd's
> bootmanager) with no success ;<
>
> had no shots with grub4dos, gag, lilo or grub2; I assume it may not be
> a bootmanager issue, but freebsd's btx bootstrap loader.
> my gentoo and windows o.s. can be loaded using grub or boot0.
>

> --
> Zavam, Vinícius

gentlemen,
morning.

I just did new fresh installs using 80-STABLE/amd64 and
90-CURRENT/amd64 snapshots.
unfortunately, no success.

when tryied the 90-CURRENT I've created a slice to /boot (d) at the
beginning of the partition (ad4s4) and grub returned error code 18
[1].
strange. even installing in another slice, at the beginning of the
disk (ad4s1), the bootup process was slow too.

[1] http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/GRUB#Error_18

--
Zavam, Vinícius