New ZFSv28 patchset for 8-STABLE: Kernel Panic

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 22:43:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard
> Now, I haven't tried using cache and log from a different disk. The
> motherboard on the server has 8 SATA ports, and I have no free port to
> add another disk. So my only option to have both a log and cache
> device in my zfs pool, is to use two slices on the same disk.

For testing, you can always just connect a USB stick, and use that for
the cache.  I've done this on large ZFS systems (24-drives) and on my
home server (5-drives).  Works nicely.

That should narrow it down to either "can't use cache/log on same
device" or "can't use cache and log at the same time".

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com