The FreeBSD 7.4-BETA1 CD wont boot properly on this machine

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Dec 20 20:36:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:18:06 +0100
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:

> So a quick tour into the bios to disable the firewire, then back to boot from the 7.4-BETA1 cd.
> Yes, it works now, and while I have been wrinting this message, it has just finished installing.

For completeness, I tried enabling the firewire in the bios after I had
installed FreeBSD7.4-BETA1. But it didn't work (I didn't think it
would), the machine just printed the same error messages as the install
CD did.
Anyway, dmesg output and other info is available here:
http://sites.google.com/site/tingox/asus_v7-p7h55e_freebsd
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen